Dental implants are the best solution to replace missing natural teeth. They are prosthetic teeth that are implanted into the jawbone in the exact position of the missing tooth. With dental implants in place, patients will be able to bite and chew food like they always used to. Also, the implant crown can be customized with excellent attention to detail so that it perfectly mimics the adjoining natural teeth.
How Can Missing Teeth Cause Trouble?
- A missing tooth leaves a displeasing gap in your smile. It can often lead to embarrassment when you socialize with people or pose for photos.
- Biting and chewing food becomes increasingly difficult as the teeth adjoining the gap tend to experience severe stress.
- When a tooth is extracted, it will be removed along with the root. Hence, the gap left by it allows the adjoining teeth to move from their positions. This can cause misalignment of the teeth.
- When the teeth move from their orthodontically right positions, the remaining teeth can loosen from their sockets. This can cause further tooth loss.
- The patient’s phonetics will alter.
How Is The Dental Implant In Pearland, TX, Placed?
The dentist will conduct a thorough diagnosis of all the factors that could affect the treatment. Some of them are jawbone shape, size, and health, spacing available for placing the implant, overall health, any serious health conditions that could negatively affect the treatment, etc. Based on these factors, your candidacy will be determined. Scans and X-rays will also be taken to get a better view of the jawbone and also to serve as a reference for fabricating the ceramic crown.
The dentist administers local anesthesia before making a small hole in the jawbone. The metal implant stud will be inserted into the hole and firmly fixed in place using dental adhesives. After a few months of healing, the jawbone will grow around the implant so that it stays firmly fixed in position, giving it the much-required stability. During the next session, the implant crown will be placed on the implant and fixed using adhesives. A bite test will be conducted, and the crown will be polished.
Why Are Implants The Best Tooth Restorations?
- By placing an implant in the missing tooth’s position, oral functionality can be restored to normal. You can bite and chew food, talk, smile, laugh, and pose for photos without worrying about your missing tooth.
- Implants offer excellent longevity as they are made from a highly-durable metal, Titanium, and dental-grade ceramic. Even with several years of usage, they hardly wear or get displaced.
- Implant studs help to hold the jawbone structure intact and prevent its deterioration. This improves jawbone health and keeps the other teeth from loosening from their positions.
- An implant crown will look exactly like your natural teeth. Its contour, color, and transparency can be customized to look exactly like a natural tooth.
Are Dental Implants the Right Choice for Me?
Dental implants are the best way to replace missing teeth. They’re the closest thing you can get to natural teeth, which makes eating, talking, and laughing feels like second nature.
If you’re missing one tooth, one implant can replace it. If you’re missing more than one tooth, you’ll need to have multiple dental implants placed to support those prosthetics.
At your consultation, we’ll take x-rays and scans of your mouth, which will allow us to determine if you are an ideal candidate for the implant procedure. Then, we’ll discuss your options with you and create the right treatment plan for you.
What Is The Success Rate of Dental Implant Treatment?
Dental implants in Pearland, TX, have a very high success rate. According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, the success rate for dental implants is around 98%. That rate has remained constant for several decades now.
Can I Get Dental Implants in Pearland, TX?
Dental implants in Pearland, TX, are a great option for replacing one or more missing teeth. They are a permanent solution and require no special care. Dental implants prevent your jawbone from shrinking and keep your smile looking beautiful. However, not everyone can get dental implants. Dental implants require a healthy mouth and a strong jawbone to provide a sturdy foundation for the implants. Your dentist will evaluate your jaw health to determine if you are a good candidate for a dental implant procedure. If the bone in your jaw has deteriorated, you may need a bone graft before you can receive a dental implant. A bone graft is used to rebuild the bone in your jaw. Once the bone graft heals, your dentist can move forward with the implant procedure.
You also must be committed to taking good care of your implants, which means brushing twice a day, flossing, and visiting the dentist regularly.
Please schedule an online appointment or call us at (281) 997-8996 to have a consultation with Dr. Bello, and we will be happy to help.