If you are suffering from multiple oral issues that are ruining your smile's aesthetics, a smile makeover in Pearland, TX, is the best treatment option for you. It is a combination of several cosmetic dental procedures intended to enhance the appearance of your smile. The dentist will thoroughly diagnose your oral cavity and determine whether or not you're a candidate for a smile makeover.
A smile makeover treatment in Pearland, TX, addresses several dental problems at once. Each smile makeover is unique to the patient, and the dentist will customize the treatment to each patient's unique needs. If the patient wants to address several dental problems at once, the dentist may recommend a smile makeover.
What Can A Smile Makeover Address?
Smile makeovers can address multiple dental issues. However, they typically focus on changing the size, shape, and color of the teeth.
By combining several treatments, we can produce results that look completely natural.
A smile makeover in Pearland, TX, is often recommended for patients with multiple dental concerns. It can help patients get a beautiful, healthy smile that addresses all of their dental issues at once. A smile makeover is often recommended for the following patients:
- Patients with teeth that are worn down, stained, or chipped
- Patients with teeth that are crooked, gapped, or misaligned
- Patients with teeth that are missing
- Patients with teeth that are worn or chipped due to bruxism (teeth grinding/clenching)
- Patients with teeth that are worn or chipped due to TMJ disorder (jaw joint problems)
What Does A Smile Makeover Include?
- Dental implants:Implants are widely accepted as the best replacement for missing natural teeth. The dentist will place them in the jawbone in the exact position of the missing tooth. The metal post will be inserted into the bone, and the ceramic crown will be placed over it and bonded firmly. Since an implant looks exactly like a natural tooth, the prosthetic tooth remains indistinguishable.
- Crowns: Dental crowns are versatile restorations made from tooth-colored ceramic material. They are tooth-colored caps that are placed over a tooth to cover its imperfections. Crowns are used to restore teeth that are cracked, worn out, chipped, broken, or too weak. The dentist will ensure your bite doesn't alter after the crown is placed by conducting a bite test.
- Bridges:Dental bridges are simple tooth restorations used to replace lost teeth. They do not require surgery as they are not fixed to the jawbone but are held in place with crowns on either side. Since they are made from dental-grade ceramic, they offer excellent durability and longevity.
- Fillings:Cavities are perhaps a major oral concern among individuals of all age groups. They are caused due to the enamel erosion from acidic substances released by microbes in the tartar deposits. The dentist will place composite resinous filling material in the cavity and shape it accordingly to restore the tooth.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays are an alternative to dental fillings. They are used to restore large cavities as placing a filling in such cases can reduce the tooth's strength. Onlays are used to restore worn-out biting surfaces of the teeth. They are popularly known as half-crowns as they restore only the upper half portion of the teeth.
- Veneers: Veneers are extremely thin restorations used to remove the surface imperfections of the teeth. They are used to treat teeth that are chipped, spaced too far apart from each other, worn out, several discolored, cracked, etc. Porcelain veneers are one of the most versatile cosmetic dentistry treatments available. They're also extremely convenient: you can receive the entire treatment in just two appointments. During the first visit, we'll need to prepare the teeth by removing a thin portion of the enamel. We'll also take impressions of your smile to send to a dental lab. After about two weeks, you'll return to our office to receive your new veneers. They'll look, feel, and function like natural teeth, and will last between 10 and 15 years with proper care.
- Teeth whitening:Dull and discolored teeth can make you the laughingstock of the group. Irrespective of what the cause of teeth staining is, we will offer the perfect whitening solution to give you a brighter smile. Some of the popular options are in-office whitening, at-home whitening trays, and laser teeth whitening.
- Orthodontic treatments: Orthodontic treatments are used to treat both minor and major issues with teeth alignment. Braces are the most popular choice for cosmetic improvement, but many patients also opt for clear aligners. Orthodontic treatment improves your overall oral health. Straight teeth are easier to clean and maintain, and straighter teeth are less likely to get chipped or broken. If you suffer from chronic headaches, you may also find relief from orthodontics.
Please schedule an online appointment or call us at (281) 997-8996 to have a consultation with Dr. Bello, and we will be happy to help.