Veneers are dental appliances that are made of porcelain. They are very thin wafer-like structures and are bonded on to the frontal surface of a tooth. They have several aesthetic and functional uses.
What Are The Uses of Veneers In Pearland, TX?
- When a tooth cracks, a veneer can help prevent the enlargement of the crack and to make the tooth stable.
- A severely discolored tooth can be made to look aesthetically better using a veneer.
- Bonding veneers can reduce the excessive spacing between two adjacent teeth.
- Veneers help in restoring the shape and contour of the teeth, which are chipped or misshapen.
- Misaligned or crooked teeth can be appropriately aligned using veneers.
- Veneers help to restore teeth that have faced significant wear.
What Is The Procedure Involved In Getting A Veneer Bonded?
It takes two or more visits to the dentist's office to get a veneer. During the first visit, the dentist will prepare the tooth and take the measurements for the veneer. During the next visit, the dentist bonds the veneer to the tooth.
Screening and diagnosis: The dentist carefully checks the tooth, which requires the veneer. He then evaluates the extent of structural damage (chipping, cracks, or fracture) or discoloration and decides whether or not the tooth requires a veneer.
- Preparation of the tooth: The dentist cleans the tooth thoroughly and buffs it, removing the enamel's thin layer.
- Taking a mold: The dentist will receive a highly accurate mold of the prepared tooth. The mold will provide the exact dimensions to make the veneer. It will be sent to a dental laboratory where the veneer will be fabricated from dental-grade ceramic, which is a highly durable material.
- Temporary veneer: Until the veneer is ready, the dentist provides you with a temporary veneer by bonding it to the tooth using temporary adhesives.
- Bonding the permanent veneer: Once the permanent veneer is fabricated, the dentist will take off the temporary veneer and clean the tooth. The veneer will be placed on the tooth and checked for a perfect fit. It will be buffed if required to achieve the ideal shape and contour. It is then bonded to the tooth with the help of dental adhesives and hardened with the help of a curing light. Any final adjustments, if required, will be made, and the bite will be evaluated to provide an error-free bite.
What Are The Advantages of Veneers?
Veneers are highly durable and should last for up to 10 years when taken care of well.
Veneers are resistant to staining and discoloration, provided proper oral hygiene is maintained.
The porcelain covers the front, back, and sides of the tooth, protecting the tooth and its enamel from damage. Because the porcelain is so strong, it does not wear or chip easily.
Veneers do not chip easily. Patients who take care of their veneers will not have to worry about damaging them.
- They cause minimal changes to the natural structure of a tooth
Because porcelain veneers are thin, they are able to be placed without removing much enamel from the tooth. This means that the structure of the tooth is not changed much.
- They are indistinguishable from natural enamel
Veneers look natural and blend in well. They are made of thin porcelain coverings that fit right over the front of teeth. This makes them look very natural and seamless, so it does not look as though a person has any dental work. When they are buffed and polished, they look like natural teeth.
- Veneers support a tooth and prevent it from cracking or fracturing
Veneers provide strength and support to the tooth. The veneer is bonded to the tooth, so it can support and strengthen the tooth. Its presence protects the tooth from fracturing or cracking.
How Long Will My Veneers Last?
Veneers can last for ten years or longer if you take care of them! In order to keep them looking great, you'll need to:
- Practice excellent oral hygiene. This means consistently brushing and flossing.
- Regularly visit your dentist for cleanings and checkups.
- Avoid chewing on ice, biting your nails, using your teeth to open packaging, and using your teeth as tools in any way.
- Wear a nightguard if you tend to grind your teeth.
Are Veneers in Pearland, TX, The Right Choice For Me?
Veneers are thin porcelain shells that fit over your teeth. They are custom designed for your smile. Veneers cover the front of the tooth, giving it a white, bright appearance that looks natural. They are resistant to staining, durable, and resistant to chips. So, if you have any dental flaws like minor teeth misalignment, gaps between your teeth, dark or yellowed teeth, or worn-down teeth, Veneers in Pearland, TX, are an ideal option to fix them.
Please schedule an online appointment or call us at (281) 997-8996 to have a consultation with Dr. Bello, and we will be happy to help.